Thursday, December 29, 2011

Zanobi - March 2021

Last update/Next update

The Zanobi Family
Lucas and Sophie are 46, Emma is 15 and Julian is 10
(Andrea Zanobi is 40, Dimitri Zanobi is 38, Matthew Zanobi is 16, Melina Mokara is 16 and Marlys Zanobi is 13)
Narrated by Emma

I don't know what's been up with mom lately, but I like it. I've been nagging to do something different with my hair for some time now, and she never allowed me. But some afternoon after school, she surprised me with a visit to the hairdresser.
She still wanted to have a say in the final decision, but allowed me to choose a new hairstyle myself, and I absolutely like it!
Mom couldn't believe how different I looked, but she said it looked great. I tryed convincing her to do something different herself, but she was quite shocked with that suggestion, so I just let it go.
Since the restaurant was closed that day, and dad wasn't expecting us home soon, mom took me to the Blue Spoon to grab a burger. I never thought I would admit that I had a fun afternoon with my mother.
But as I said, I don't know what's been up with mom. She and aunt Andrea never were best friends. I always thought they just accepted each other because they were family. But earlier this month she invited aunt Andrea and uncle Dimitri over, she said she wanted the family to get along.
Since dad is a cook, and owns his own restaurant, he immidiatly made the visit into a familygathering complete with a barbeque.
It's nice that aunt Andrea and uncle Dimitri's children are practically Julian and mine age, it makes haging out a lot more fun. Even Matthew's girlfriend, who he brings to almost everything, is fun to be with.
Matthew and Melina can be quite annoying though. They are very much in love, and I don't have a problem with with, but I do have a problem with their constant kissing, especially when you're with family or friends.
Even though Marlys is 2 years older than Julian, she still spends a lot of time with him. They were pretty close when they both went to elementary school, and I pretty sure they are both counting down the years untill Julian goes to high school as well.
When dinner was serverd, kids and and adults were all seated on a different talbes. I didn't mind that much. As much as I want to be treated as an adult, I like being a kid sometimes as well.
By the way, the kid's table is always much more fun anyway!
Since I only work on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, mom expects me to look after Julian after school. I have to be honest, he isn't much trouble, and I really don't mind. Most of the time he's in the internet with his friends, or reading stuff.
And the only thing he really asks me to do with him is soccer, and I love playing soccer, so I don't mind. He's always disappointed when he's not able to score, but that's just life, I'm not planning on letting him win!
Dad isn't letting me win with chess either, at least I don't think he does. I still play my little tricks on him like when I was a kid. I don't know if he's just humoring me or that he really believes my tricks, I'm winning, and I like it.
Since I work during the weekends, I try to keep up with my schoolwork as much as I can during the week, so I don't have to spend my weekend on my homework as well.
After high school I want to go to university, and I'm working hard towards that as well. I still need some scholarships, but I still have 3 years, so there's time to earn them.

Notes:
  • Since my sims don't roll enought skilling-wants to my liking, I let them learn as soon as they roll the want to go to univeristy. The problem with this strategy is that almost every teen rolls that want!  Emma is heading the good direction, though anything is still possible.
  • No pictures of the restaurant this time, but it's still there :) Lucas still owns it, but I played the family during their weekdays, and no weekends, and I already had the familygathering planned, so I didn't let them go to the restaurant.
  • Speaking of the familygathering, Sophie rolled the ROS for a family reunion. I don't think this comes in my sims' memories as a family reunion, since the family isn't big at all, but they couldn't invite any more members over.
  • I'm aware that some of the houses may look different than in previous rounds, but I'm redecorating some of the as I play, and I'm not writing it in every time, it would get kind of boring.
  • During this playsession, I took new profilepictures for Lucas, Sophie, Emma, Andrea, Dimitri, Matthew and Marlys, but forgot all about Julian. As soon as I have that one, I will bu updating their profiles with the new pictures as well!

4 comments:

  1. That's interesting that you allow them to skill once they roll the university want. I might have to borrow that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with Emma about the kids' table! The youngest of my cousins is now 23 but we still all sit separately from the "old people", lol!

    The family reunion ROS worked well with Sophie taking her daughter out for a girls' day. It seemed like she wanted to improve relationships with all her family, immediate and extended.

    I allow skilling if they roll the want to skill or if they do it autonomously. Recently though, I've started to let them skill if they roll the want for a specific scholarship as well. That pretty much covers any Sim I want to go to college, at least in my game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple Valley I allow it because they don't roll enough skilling-wants. If I based it on their skilling-wants I don't think I would have a lot of sims in college :)

    Thanks for reading!

    Carla My cousin alwyas though she was too old to sit at the kids' table, and never liked that she had too, but I'm like you, I like it!

    I was a little bit bummed that Sophie rolled this ROS, because of the small family, but it turned out fine, and I'm even thinking it was better for me to start with a small family :)

    My sims never roll those kind of wants! I didn't even know there were wants for specific scholarships! And I've never seen my sim do studying autonomoulsy! I would love all these things :)

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone loves a good kids table.

    It's nice to see families embracing change no matter how minor

    ReplyDelete