Saturday, May 24, 2014

SVU A - September 2025

Last update/Next update

SVU A
SimsVille University
Matthew Zanobi is 21 and Benny Min is 20
(Quan Min is 55, Chu Min is 54, Melina Mokara is 21, Lars Mertens is 20, and Morgan Penninkmeijer and Joan Willis is 19)
Narrated by Benny
Earlier this year Matthew was 'discovered' by a talentscout who offered him a job out of town. Matthew is very enthousiastic about it, it's practically all he talks about.
It's a great opportunity and he really should take it, but this means he'll be gone for at least 2 years, leaving me alone in this appartment, which I really can't afford on my own.
 Matthew isn't too happy when I bring it up, I think he thinks I want him to feel guilty for leaving or something, but it's not that at all, it's just pretty important that I have a place to live next year.
I've been thinking to as Joan to move in with me. That way I won't have to move. She's here quite a lot already so I don't think it would be much of a difference if she did move in.
I'm still not sure though, it's quite a big step, asking your girlfriend to move in, and I don't know if I feel ready for that step yet.
Joan's great though. Every time she's here, she cleans up and does the dishes and such.
Matthew takes his opportunity very serious and spends quite a lot of time out on the field. Even if it's raining he goes down there to practice.
I get dragged along every time I have nothing else to do. I'm very interested in sports and I'm not very good at it, but Matthew doesn't seem to mind at all, he's just glad I come along.
He still has some theoretical classes though, and since his new job depends on him getting a degree, and so he's working very hard on his final assignments and paper.
It's going to be very quiet here when Matthew leaves in a few months. I think I'm going to really miss him playing the guitar.
My classes are mostly at the faculty of design. Since this year we are finally drawing a lot more ourselfs, and I'm pretty happy with that fact.
The computers at the faculty are much beter than the one we have at home, so I take every opportunity I get to work on those.
We're not constantly busy with school. At least once a week we oreder pizza and watch a game on tv.
Both Joan and Melina come by one those days, to spend time with us, since it's about the only time we actually take some time off studying.
Almost every day we also get a call from Lars to ask if we want to go out. I'm always surprised he got this far at college with all the partying he wants to do all the time. But of course we can't always say no to him, so we go out quite a lot as well.
The Lama Club is a nice place to hang out with friends and play some pool. I don't think it's what Lars has in mind when he asks us to go out, but I'm sure he's just happy he gets us out of the house once in a while.
At least once a month mom and dad come by to have lunch with me and Joan. I'm always glad when they don't pick a fancy place where you're stuck for hours.
It's always strange to see mom in a simple diner, especially when she's dressed up and all, but I like that she does it though.

Extra:
 A picture of the 2 roommates and best friends (I realised I didn't have one of the 2 of them together).

Notes:
  • So after graduation we won't see Matthew for at least one round. I still need to roll for his odds on wheather or not he's going to have a succesfull football career.
  • I already have an idea what I'm going to do about Benny's livingsituation for next round, but you'll get to know more about that in the next updates!
  • Both their grades have been very good, and Matthew graduates with a nice score.

5 comments:

  1. Joan might want to stop being so domesticated, or he might start taking her for granted, after all he should be cleaning up his own messes. I also don't know if it's wise to ask your girl to move in, just because you need to pay for rent. Might be better to get a roommate if that's his only motivation.

    That's cool that Matthew is going for a football career though, how are you going to do the roll for it? Your campus looks great, loved looking at the decor in each picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if Joan is going to move in, I hope Benny is actually serious about her! Once she's moved in, it's going to be all the more awkward if they end up splitting up.

    Matthew's career move sounds exciting! If he has a successful career, does that mean he'll be gone for longer or have a chance at a better job back in SimsVille? Or something you haven't figured out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maisie Joan does most of those things all by herself, Benny himself is a very neat guy, so if Joan doesn't do those kind of things, I'm sure he'll do them.
    Benny already rolled the want to get engaged to Joan, so I think he's pretty serious about her.

    I'm still working out the details, but I think he has about 30% chance that he will be succesfull, so that are my odds for rolling, but that's about all I'm sure about that the moment :)

    The college still needs a lot of work, but I'm glad you like the look of it!

    Thanks for reading!

    Carla I'm pretty sure Benny and Joan are a strong couple, but you never know with sims... We'll see how things go when she moves in.

    I would love for Matthew to come back to SimsVille, get married and have kids, ..., so he might be gone a little bit longer, but not a lot. If he's succesfull I think I'll let him 'start' pretty high in the athletics career. If not he'll have to look for another job, or start at the bottom again.
    I haven't thought about it that much yet, but I'm sure he'll be back :)

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed at h him talking about how she cleans up. But I think it looked like there were other things he likes about her too, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon Benny is very neat himself, so if she wouldn't clean up, I'm sure he'll do it himself. Because he's very neat himself I can see him appreciate it in other's as well, but I'm sure that he likes Joan for many other things :)

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete