Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Please, give me your opinion...

I know it's a little bit like begging, well it actually is begging, and I really don't like to beg, but ...
Can you guys please check out THIS page. (I've also linked to it in the sidebar)

It's something I've been working on, after reading Maisie's and Carla's household profiles.
I liked the idea, but I didn't want to create a page for each family, so I thought it would work out fine as well if I did it a little bit like my playable NPC-page.

So please give me your opinion. What do you think of the teksts? Are they too long? Is it too much information to give for each family? .... Are there too much spelling- or grammarmistakes?

So excuse me for the begging! I would be very thankfull with your opnions!

5 comments:

  1. I think it looks good, not too much text per family. I actually did something similar on my blog (http://arrendaleheights.blogspot.com/p/character-guide.html), but I have fewer families. Since it looks like you have a long list of families, it might be nice to have a list or index at the top that when you click on a family name it will take you down to the description, but I'm not sure if that's easy to do on blogger. If that's not possible, I think it will work fine as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not too much text per family, and by way of keeping it in alphabetical order, your readers can quickly find the family they are interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your household profiles are great, Tanja. You have neither too much or too little text and it'll be a nice summary for new readers or older reader who need to refresh their memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great, I agree with the idea where you have an index at the top, and click that to go to the family of interest, you can also use that url to link to the specific families locations. If you aren't sure how to make an anchor, here's a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for giving in to my plea! I'm glad you all liked the page, and maybe one day I'll make seperate pages for each family.
    I'm glad the amount of text is good, and that I don't have to change anything about that.

    Em and Maisie I like the idea of an in index at the top of the page, but I'm nog sure it's doable with blogger, I'll have a look at the link Maisie shared, maybe I'll be able to do it with the html-codes. You're right it my make things easier for the readers.

    Thanks for reading!

    Librarian I thought it would be easier for readers if I put them in alphabetical order, so I'm glad I was right there, and that it's still easy if I don't get the anchor-thing Em and Maisie suggested to work.

    Thanks for reading!

    Carla That's what I liked about yours and Maisie's pages, the recap of the family-history, and that's why I wanted to do it myself as well. I think there are some families I wasn't able to explain everything in the past, where I can do it now.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete