Saturday, September 10, 2011

I'm sorry, but it's not a real update

I just want to let you all know that there won't be any updates for, what I hope will be a short time.

I've been experienceing some major problems with my hood. It keeps crashing. Even the back up, that works, start crashing after a period of time, so there really is no playing possible at the moment.
I've been working on fixing the problem, but nothing seems to be working, so I'm thinking SimsVille is broken.
However I can't give up SimsVille. I've put a lot of time in it the last couple of years, and I can't think about starting all over again! So instead I'm going to try to recreate SimsVille, with the same sims and houses. At the moment I'm gathering all the information I need to recreate.
Unfortunatly this is going to take some time, but at the moment I have another week off from work, and I hope the have most of 'the move' done by the end of that week, so I can start updating normally again!

In the mean time I wish you all happy simmingdays :)

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the rebuild Tanja, I'm sure the new version will be even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame you couldn't spend your week off from work playing rather than rebuilding, but what can you do? Good luck with rebuilding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel...I can't have too much custom content in my game, or it will crash everytime I play. I can't wait to see your new and improved hood! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, let me know if I can help. I've saved lots of hoods from crashes. If you have backups you can try that. Also use SimPE to clone your simmies for the new hood. Feel free to email me with any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry about your Hood. I hope it gets fixed. I will wait anxiously for your next update!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that it's resulted in your starting over. I hope that all this work gives you an even better Simsville. I'll miss reading your updates though in the meantime. Hopefully with the rest of your vacation you can get the majority of it completed. Just be sure you clean, clean, clean as you do this. That way you don't get a bug later on from a shaky start.

    ReplyDelete