At that moment I had my Landgraab family sitting in my family bin for quite some time, and I took the opportunity and let the house hunt on N99.
Let me first give you some information on the family:
Max Landgraab comes from a wealthy family. He's an only child, and always got what he wanted. When he was 33 he met Hélène Nova, and 2 years later they got married. At that time she was only 27. Another 2 years later they welcomed their son, Malcolm, in their family.
Max is the head of Landgraab Architects, located in downtown Simmeria, and the firm is doing great, they get hired for different kind of buildings, and every one seems very happy with their work.
Hélène is a fashio designer and the owner of different H&M stores all around SimsVille and Simmeria. She named her shops after her and Max (Hélène & Max). The stores are doing great as well and she's looking in to opening another one in DimSimTown.
Since their son turned 12, they moved to DimSimTown - suburb of SimsVille, to live closer to their jobs.
(Max is now 50, Hélène is 42 and Malcolm is 13)
And here is where I come with the house hunting, I was really uninspired to build one myself, and I wanted something I would never come up with, so I posted at N99.
These were their specs:
- Modern looking home
- At least 3 bedrooms, I don't exclude them expanding their family
- An office for Max
- A studio for Hélène
- They want a garden
- Suburban area
Dee came with this amazing house (which you can see here) and I moved the family in. I expanded the lot a little with with the lot expander, and changed some minor things inside, and here is the result!
The door on the side leads to Hélène's studio.
- I really had fun decorating this house, since I had acces to a lot of money! Max is the heir of a nice fortune, and they both make really good money in their jobs, so I set no limit to the money available for decorating.
- I feel kind of sad that this household is one of my playable NPC's, since I love the house so much, but I have more than enough families as it is, so they will continue being playable NPC's.
- I know I said I didn't exclude any family additions, but with taking away the 3rd bedroom I kind of did. When I was decorating this house, I figured they were kind of done with kids. Malcolm is 13 now, and neither of them are family sims, they are very busy with their careers, why add another kid in this?
- I really hope I kept it modern enough, since it was one of my specs!